We caught up with Stylist and Photographer Romy Frydman to find out her top local tips.
Stylist, photographer and mother Romy Frydman has come along since studying fashion at RMIT in Melbourne. Her presence in the fashion industry can be seen in many different mediums, from her website StyleMeRomy.com to stylising numerous fashion shoots that grace publications from Vogue to the New York Times. Local Supply have a peak into her busy schedule and get a few tips on where she loves to unwind and most importantly whether she is a heels or flats type of gal.
Stylist, Photographer, Creative Director & Mother
2. WHERE DID YOU GROW UP AND WHERE DO YOU CURRENTLY CALL HOME?
I grew up in Melbourne, but call Sydney my home
3. TELL ME A DAY IN YOUR LIFE?
Mental - it starts with getting my son off to school, then I am either shooting or jetting off to a fabulous location or running around to appointments to see all my favourite designer collections.
4. HOW DID YOU GET INTO STYLING?
I studied Fashion at RMIT, and my background as a stylist and creative director has seen me hold roles at Marie Claire, Elle and Vogue Australia. I’ve spent time in New York contributing to titles such as The New York Times and Nylon US; and returned home to Sydney where I continued to partner with Vogue and Harper’s Bazaar and I have come full circle and started to contribute to Elle Australia again. When I returned to Sydney after New York I started StyleMeRomy.com, of which I am currently the Creative Director of the site and print editions.
5. TELL ME YOUR THREE LOCAL FAVOURITE PLACES TO EAT/DRINK/HANG OUT?
Hotel Centennial for a long lunch or martini, Fratelli Paradiso and one of my simple pleasures is fish & chips at the beach (mainly the northern beaches).
6. THROUGH YOUR BLOG AND STYLING, I BET YOU GET TRAVEL THE WORLD A LOT, CAN YOU TELL US YOUR FAVOURITE CITY AND ANY LOCAL TIPS YOU’VE COME ACROSS?
I love traveling to New York and LA, and my hidden favourite place is Cuixmala in Mexico and anywhere where there is a beach - the bahamas is pretty special for sunsets over the water.
7. WHO ARE YOUR FAVOURITE LOCAL DESIGNERS/BRANDS AND WHY?
Ellery for her sexiness, Zimmermann & Lover for their swim and pretty dresses but I can't go a day without denim from Nobody denim and Ts from Basic Goodness
8. WHAT WAS THE INSPIRATION BEHIND THE SMR COLLABORATION WITH LOCAL SUPPLY?
I wanted to design something really bold, and felt that gold and silver are a great fashion statement that go with everything - you can wear with prints and colours, night or day.
9. CAN YOU TELL US ANYTHING THAT YOU'RE EXCITED ABOUT AT THE MOMENT?
StyleMeRomyPRINT for Fashion Week
10. ONE LAST QUESTION HEELS OR FLATS?
Well heels obviously, I am a stylist.
You can read and follow Romy's fashion journey on her website.