No Products in the Cart
GET 15% OFF WHEN YOU BUY 2 OR MORE ITEMS.
USE CODE: 15MULTI AT CHECKOUT.
FOR EVERY ITEM PURCHASED WE DONATE 1 MEAL TO A LOCAL IN NEED THROUGH PLATE IT FORWARD.
We caught up with John Sutton at Redfern Oval, home of the South Sydney Rabbitohs.
Sutton has been through the best and worst of times with his local team, the Rabbitohs. When Sutton started playing for Souths in 2004, the club took home two wooden spoons in his opening three NRL seasons. Ten years later, in a stunning 2014 season, Sutton not only led Souths to their first title since 1971, he also broke the Rabbitohs’ all-time record for most number of games. The local hero was kind enough to share with us his pre-match rituals and top local tips.
JOHN SUTTON SHARES HIS TOP LOCAL TIPS:
WHERE DID YOU GROW UP AND WHERE DO YOU CURRENTLY CALL HOME?
I grew up in Maroubra and I live In Maroubra.
WHAT'S THE BEST THING ABOUT THE LOCAL AREA THAT YOU LIVE IN?
The beach. Maroubra beach is the best beach in Sydney!
1. YOUR FAVOURITE SPOT FOR A REFRESHING DRINK WHEN THE SUN GOES DOWN?
Maroubra Bay Hotel.
2. BEST PLACE TO TAKE THE FAMILY OUT FOR A BITE TO EAT ON THE WEEKEND AND WHAT'S EVERYONES FAVOURITE ON THE MENU?
TEN Japanese - A hidden gem In Randwick. My daughter Pippi loves their Sushi.
3. DO YOU HAVE ANY PRE MATCH RITUALS?
After our team meeting, I must make sure I shake every team mates hand before I start getting ready.
4. YOUR FAVOURITE WAY TO SPEND A SUNNY DAY?
No better way to spend a sunny day then to go surfing and hanging out with my family and friends.
5. BEST PLACE TO CELEBRATE AFTER A GOOD WIN?
Anywhere! As long as we are all together having a couple.
6. YOUR FAVOURITE SPOT TO SPLASH OUT FOR DINNER?
China Doll, Woolloomooloo - Amazing food.
7. WHATS THE BEST LOCAL PARK TO KICK THE FOOTBALL AROUND YOUR AREA?
Nagle Park - a little park up the road from my house.
8. WHAT ARE YOUR FAVOURITE LOCAL SUPPLY FRAMES?
Bruce waynes for sure.
9. CAN YOU TELL US ANYTHING THAT YOU'RE EXCITED ABOUT AT THE MOMENT?
I'm pumped to get back on the field with the boys and chase another premiership.
Photography by Will Braden